List known surviving cars here
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
I am new to the website and I thought you would like to know I own the ex Mike Lamplough Davrian Mark 6 race car. Mike raced at Castle Combe and at Pembrey in the Welsh Drivers Championship where he held the under 1600cc lap record in the early 1990s. I am well on the way to restoring the car with a Kawasaki 1400 ZZR engine. I may have it ready for September at Castle Combe. Glyn Brown
The engine and inverted Sierra lsd diff are all installed in a tubular frame. This then allows the assembly the be mounted via 4 bolts to the original cross member and modified upper mounts. We chose to mount it longitudinally (rear engined) as this configuration meant that the original body shell did not need to be modified. We could have mid mounted the engine, using a chain drive diff, however this would have meant it couldn’t be returned to original condition / engine.
The plate profile, ties the frames together and allows a rear wing to be chassis mounted. Allowing the rear body work to be removed. A alloy air box helps to keep the induction noise down.
- EC2C7367-75E6-462B-919E-04E01806A2A5.jpeg (1.42 MiB) Viewed 195 times
- E0DC2667-97DC-4D34-93FB-1F4952A97651.jpeg (1.68 MiB) Viewed 195 times
- 5151EF82-EE65-4F5A-BD59-34D47296F6A5.jpeg (1.95 MiB) Viewed 195 times
- EE46D9DF-DA02-4A22-A0C4-9F272030573B.jpeg (1.61 MiB) Viewed 195 times
- 6DE7F459-AD33-4F34-8E26-B703B00592B5.jpeg (2.2 MiB) Viewed 195 times
- 305376EE-E1CE-4A57-9EEF-294BADDAB24A.jpeg (2.14 MiB) Viewed 195 times