Mk1 Davrian

List known surviving cars here
philaustin

Mk1 Davrian

Post by philaustin »

Hi,
I am new to this forum, so hi to all!
For my sins I own the original Mk1 Davrian produced for the 1967 Motor Show, reg ETE 503F. Its in a bit of a sorry state having been exposed to the weather for the last 20yrs, but work is about to get started to bring it back to life. Any advice as to where parts can be obtained or engine overhauled would be of great help. The engine is a 1000cc blue printed lump with a Jack Knight box.

The car is gold with gold MOMO wheels!

Regards
Phil
Dave6091

Re: Mk1 Davrian

Post by Dave6091 »

Hi Phil,

Great to have you on board and with such a special early car!. Photos are required immediately!!.
I have a very early car myself so we will have to compare notes as i'm trying to get it back to original as possible.

Dave.
philaustin2754

Post by philaustin2754 »

Hi,
I will get some photos together, but they may not make for happy viewing!
The car has a removable hard top and I have seen a photo of it with the designer in a Japanese book and I have downloaded some of the original sales info.
I dont have a log book for the car and I did try to get it registered with DVLA some years ago, but it never got resolved.
Phil
plasticfantastic

Post by plasticfantastic »

Would really love to see some pictures of this when you have time to upload them!

If you dont mind me asking what problems did you have when i came to getting it registered?

Cheers
philaustin

Post by philaustin »

Hi,
Somewhere I have a letter confirming status of the car, but sadly no logbook. DVLA wouldn't reissue the number without some proof of its history and time and situations conspired against me at the time.
I will try and find the info and post it on to the forum.
Dave6091

Post by Dave6091 »

Phil,

I've always found DVLA ok when dealing with registration of classics that have dropped off the radar in the past. My own Mk1 had been in Holland for 30 years but now has its original reg ERA 5H back.
You must have a strong case with ETE as it's so well documented being used in adverts and brochures, there are pics of your car in Martin M Jones book showing it in the Clapham factory with Adrian standing in front of it!! (P25). I know Martin has other pics not used as well.

Dave.