Imp Engined Cars at Beaulieu Spring Autojumble

...where can you take your Davrian next?
Teddie2003

Imp Engined Cars at Beaulieu Spring Autojumble

Post by Teddie2003 »

I'm still waiting on the Imp club to confirm if a Davrian with NDR membership is OK to attend or if the membership must be IMP Club membership. Hope to get this clarified shortly, if you only have NDR membership please advise in your reply.

If you go along to the autojumble at the public rates it's between £31.00 and £34.00 for two adults for two days and you can't display your car, so even if it has to be Imp club membership, that's still cheaper than on the day public entry and you get the Imp club magazine for the year.

At the moment we have two or three Davrian's coming, a spaceframe race Imp, a mod saloon race Imp, a race Imp, a track day Imp, a couple of rally Imps, a G15, possibly a Nymph and about 35 normal Imps/Stilleto's/Husky's etc. If you have a Davrian please bring it along

Details of the Beaulieu event.
Go Imp 50 @ Beaulieu 17th to 19th May 2013
The Imp Club have been offered a club display area at the Beaulieu Spring Autojumble on the 17th to 19th of May 2013. We have been offered part of the Bank Field (No 11 on the map)

Beaulieu are happy for the Imp Club to come and set up the display on Friday 17th May and then if possible to display over the weekend.

We will have space for up to 120 cars in the Bank Field area and there will be no cost for Imp Club members and Beaulieu can allow two adult passes per car if required.

I have spoken to the contact at Beaulieu and gates open at 6am each day for members displaying their cars, ideally all cars should be in position at 9am as the site opens to the public at 10:00am each day of the weekend.

If people can only go on one day, that is no problem. But we would need to know what day, as it will mean we can get passes for someone else on the other day.

Camping will be in Exhibitors Car Park (number 15 on Map) as they can’t allow camping in the Beaulieu complex over the weekend.

Beaulieu are very strict about access to the site so club members need to be aware that they can’t just turn up on either day and expect to be part of the display. They will instead be directed to the public car parks where normal admission prices will apply.

Any interested members should confirm their attendance by contacting me, Steve Mundy, with your details. If you can send it in this format:
Membership No, Name, Phone number, E mail Address, Address, Car type.

Please e mail me on the dedicated e mail:
go.imp50.to.beaulieu@gmail.com by 30th April

If you can also say if you want weekend or one day as well that would be great. Then we can have an accurate number of who would like to attend and what types of vehicles, then I can make the final arrangements with our contact at Beaulieu.

Steve Mundy
Hants Imp Club ACO

I can't upload the map as it's to big a file, but once you e mail me I can send it through to you.
Teddie2003

Re: Imp Engined Cars at Beaulieu Spring Autojumble

Post by Teddie2003 »

Well I've had the reply from the Imp Club chairman about membership details.

As the New Davrian Register will be an invited group(by the Imp Club) to the Beaulieu event, then as long as you have NDR or Imp Club membership then It's OK to attend.

So if you want to attend the event, then let me know your NDR/Imp Club membership number, Name, Phone number, E mail Address, Address, Car type.

Please e mail me Steve Mundy on the dedicated e mail:
go.imp50.to.beaulieu@gmail.com by 30th April.

I have to have people's details in advance, so that I can arrange tickets with Beaulieu. As this event will be a ticket only entrance to the Autojumble area,two free adult passes per car are available.

Let me know what day or days you wish to come along and hopefully we can get a good selection of Davrian's down to Beaulieu for some or all of the weekend, we've got one Modsports Mk7 car so far plus Dave with his Mk6. So far we have about 60 cars registered, the majority being Imp/Stiletto/Husky types along with some Clans and G15's.

If people turn up on the day they will have to pay normal public entrance costs to the event and the car will have to be left outside in the public car park area.

Hope this all makes sense, but any questions please contact me on here or via the e mail address above.
Teddie2003

Re: Imp Engined Cars at Beaulieu Spring Autojumble

Post by Teddie2003 »

The bookings have continued to arrive since the article's published in Impressions and on the Imp club and Davrian.net forums and at early April we have over 60 cars booked in, these include two Davrian's, Dave Cooper with his Mk6 and Ken Banks with his Mk7 sprint car.

Recent confirmations are Mike Dowsett with his race Imp, Tom Blackwood with one or two of his Imp fleet plus a new Imp club member Karl Seddon with his G15. People are traveling from all over the the country with Tom traveling the furthest so far.

Hopefully in the next two or three weeks we will get some more Imps, Clan's, Davrian's and G15's confirmed.

I realise that it's quite close to the Coventry events being organised by the Imp Club, but once people have decided if they also want a trip that will include free entry to the motor museum. You don't need to commit to the whole weekend, if you want to "arrive on the day", as long as you can get to Beaulieu so that the car can be in the display area by 9am we look forward to seeing you.

If you want to come along, then please e mail me through your details on go.imp50.to.beaulieu@gmail.com