"Classic and Sportscar" - Imp 50th anniversary photo shoot

...where can you take your Davrian next?
motorsportjohn

"Classic and Sportscar" - Imp 50th anniversary photo shoot

Post by motorsportjohn »

I have been contacted to ask whether I can arrange for a Davrian to join a "Classic and Sports Car" magazine photo-shoot at Coventry University on 25th March, in commemoration of the Imp's 50th anniversary.

Fuel costs will be refunded and lunch will be provided.

Please could you let me know if you would like to take part by e-mail (new_dav_reg@compuserve.com) or phone (01825-763638).

I look forward to hearing from you.

UPDATE - 16-03-13 : Following lack of response from other Davrian owners, I have arranged to take my car to Coventry on the day - I will update this post as soon as I know when the article is due to be published.
Last edited by motorsportjohn on Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
davrian6140

Re: "Classic and Sportscar" - Imp 50th anniversary photo shoot

Post by davrian6140 »

Hi John,
Sorry can't make that date the davrian in loads of bits.
Dave
Dave Cooper
davrian6140

Mk6a DAV 373H
motorsportjohn

Post by motorsportjohn »

The Imp Club 50th anniversary "Classic and Sportscar" magazine article will appear in the July edition - due on the shelves in June.
motorsportjohn

Post by motorsportjohn »

To be published in the July issue (for release in June)

NOW AVAILABLE
: 7th June 2013
Last edited by motorsportjohn on Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
cheeser

Post by cheeser »

Bought 'Classic and Sportscar' yesterday and yes there is a reasonable article on Imps including a bit about Davrians. Unfortunately rather superficial with inaccuracies as usual, but John Rawlins with his Mk8,flew the Davrian flag standing up well to the competition from Ginetta G15 and Clan Crusader. Well done John!!
motorsportjohn

Post by motorsportjohn »

Yes, I was disappointed re the details included in the article and will be writing to the magazine with a list of corrections re the Davrian aspect of the article.

I provided full details (The Register List, technical data re my car and details of the history of Davrian) but obviously this was not reviewed in any great detail.

I have no idea were the figures relating to torque, power, fuel consumption and acceleration times were obtained from. When not competing, I have achieved between 40 and 50 mpg. I am also unsure as to why the Davrian's top speed is quoted as 105 mph with 1040cc on twin 40s and a stated power output of 110 bhp, while the Ginetta can apparently achieve 115 mph with just 998cc and a power output of 62 bhp on twin Strombergs!

Still it is publicity of a kind (but it does now reduce my impression of Classic and Sportscar magazine as a quality publication)!
limjamrace

Post by limjamrace »

I long gave up buying any sort of car magazines.
Not only for the reason of having to take out a wonga loan to pay for one.
It was not uncommon for as you say details and facts to be all wrong.
Makes you think what you read about other marques of historic cars that you do not know about being in the same misleading frame.