Track rod end

Forum for Davrian topics and questions...
Dave6091

Track rod end

Post by Dave6091 »

I know this is probably covered on other imp sites but i thought i'd post it here for us Davrianists!.
The imp outer adjustable track rod end is becoming scarce and the thicker export version NLA but a cheap alternative can be made using an early fiesta joint.

The fiesta rod end uses an imperial thread which makes machining of the bar easy altho remember that one end has a reverse thread!. The bar is 9"x 5/8" and the thread length is 1 3/4" long at each end. The steel bar i used has a carbon content of just over 1% so should be tough enough for the job.
Just have to put the rest of the car back together now!... :roll:

Cheers,

Dave.
intrepid
Site Admin

Re: Track rod end

Post by intrepid »

Interesting.

I have a pair of converted imp track rods that take the Mini track rod ends...much stronger and ready supply!

Will post a picture if I ever get back into the garage...
shortie2

Re: Track rod end

Post by shortie2 »

Im not sure if this will carry over on davrians but on imp based darrian suspension ( imp rack and king pin hubs) ive done away with all the imp stuff on track rods, i get steering rods ( EN 19 )made up with a rh and lh 1/2 " unf thread and use a ford track rod end outer and a LH 1/2" female rose joint 1/2 " hole on the inboard end this bolts into the rack with a 1/2" bolt which is then wire locked in.
I will stick some pics up later when i find my spare one :oops: