Darrian

Forum for Darrian topics and questions...
MydT9

Darrian

Post by MydT9 »

Hi all,

First of all, well done on putting together what is likely to be a succesful Forum for the Davrian and Darrian. I have a Darrian T9 No 39 (the last T9 model) which I rally down here in Wales. I've taken a year out of rallying to concentrate on a full bare tub rebuild of my car, more details on http://www.darriant9rallying.co.uk

Current update is making a new complete dash out of Carbon fibre as well as a new Carbon front and rear clam but rear has been modified to accept round lights and some other minor tweeks. I started the strip down in March 09 and I have literally been working on the car nearly every Saturday and 1-2 evenings since.....my tip here is never underestimate the time needed to do a job :shock:

However I don't wish to detract from the fabulous little Davrian which I have always wanted and will .....one day for sure ...

Happy to talk more about Darrians anyway

See you,

Mydrian
intrepid
Site Admin

Re: Darrian

Post by intrepid »

Wow! Out first Darrian entry :D

I hope you remember how to put it all back together.

Feel free to post up a progress report every now and again.
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

Hi Mydrian

Nice to see you pulled it to bits and it's on it's way back again!

I have a Darrian, chassis 71, powered by a 1600cc Ford Zetec engine and sequential gearbox......you can read about it HERE

It's geart to see a Davrian forum.....there is a guy in my village who has a MK8 road car...one of the mini engined ones....he has had it since new and I would love to buy it from him.....may have to knock on his door one day!...after all I still have my old steel mini rally engine and box sitting in the corner. :twisted:
shortie2

Post by shortie2 »

hey ho guys , another forum to talk darrians on :roll:
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

Now then Bruce....nice to see you found it.

When you out next bud?
shortie2

Post by shortie2 »

Not out till march , hopefully with flappy paddles and other gadgetry fitted , videos will no doubt follow
shortie2

Post by shortie2 »

here you go , first time out in anger with paddle shift http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_1jftzJmL8
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

Now you are just showing off!

When are me and you going to do the same event then?

I have an ambition to get as many Darrians on the same rally as each other and then try to win all the classes......what about Rockingham in December? amazing venue.....and it's at the end of the year so it wont interfere with anybodys championships.
MydT9

Post by MydT9 »

Hi Chaps,

I am pleased to say that my beloved T9 its now back together but it took a little more than a year ... :lol: ...(pesky work gets in the way ;) ) I have my rolling road next Wednesday so that will hopefully go smooth. Its running a tad rich at the moment with the spec i am running but we'll soon sort that out along with the timing of the Flatshifter.

I might take the camcorder with me to capture it on the rollers....

Any progress with anyone else?

We will definately need to blitz some rally with a lot of Darrian presence... a class win by Darrian in each Class now that would make front page with MS News :D I'll start with my Class 1 - entry, so who's offering the rest? ;)

Myd
http://www.darriant9rallying.co.uk
gtm4honda

Post by gtm4honda »

I will have a go at the 1600 class !!
Attachments
003.JPG
003.JPG (48.98 KiB) Viewed 13302 times