Davrian Mk5 For Sale

Post your entries here for items for sale or parts that you are looking for...
intrepid
Site Admin

Davrian Mk5 For Sale

Post by intrepid »

Listed for auction on the 15th July 2021…

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1357267
Teddie2003

Re: Davrian Mk5 For Sale

Post by Teddie2003 »

Any idea what it went for, in the NDR list it shows as a Mk4 originally owned by Dave Weedon.
cheeser

Post by cheeser »

Hi Steve,
I believe this car went for £2800 + auction costs I have it on good authority that it went to a Scottish gentleman who previously owned a very early Davrian with removable hardtop, he attended at least one of the Longleat events.
I know he also has a Rochdale Olympic, another fibreglass monocoque, as you know.
On a different tack, I now have my Mk8 road legal after about an 11 year break, reminds me how rough and raw it is, will now try to tidy and ‘refine’ it ….. the Red Shed breathes! :D
Teddie2003

Post by Teddie2003 »

Hi Robin,

that's pretty good price then, especially as the estimate was only in the region of £1k, think the fee's were over 20% on top of that, .

Good news on the Mk8 as well, how is Neville getting on with Harry's old Mk8 car and is that going on the road?

You need to talk to Dave Cooper about how to make them civilised, his car is really good and he drives all over the place in his, so must be a bit more user friendly than most.

Thruxton 2nd June 2018, Dave Cooper, Mk6a.jpg
Thruxton 2nd June 2018, Dave Cooper, Mk6a.jpg (226.89 KiB) Viewed 3802 times
Steve
cheeser

Post by cheeser »

Steve,
My Mk8 monocoque is very lightweight with outer panels easily deflected by a push from your little finger, so to achieve a decent and long lasting finish is extremely difficult,a few more rattle cans might improve it!
It was built as a track car, I made it road legal with lights, hand brake etc, but to make it anything like Mr Cooper’s car would be impossible, although I will try to improve it now that I’ve got it running again.
I’ll try to get Neville to answer you regarding his Mk7 and 8 although I would think it very unlikely that either would be set up for the road
What’s happening with your vehicles?
R