Davrian Mk4

Post pictures of your car here for others to see!
Dave6091

Davrian Mk4

Post by Dave6091 »

Well...having one davrian and several other classics i thought i was cured but visiting a good friend of mine late last year to purchase an unused gearbox resulted in me buying his Mk4, several engines (proper ones!), four gboxs and twenty five years worth of spare parts. Tax disc says 99 so been standing quite a while but is complete and apart from brakes, tyres and other bits and bobs it should be drivable once i pop an engine in it. Trailered it home this morning but have decided not to touch it till the Mk6 goes off for painting!.

It also happens to be the car that Tim Duffee built for his Mum!.

Dave. (Bonkers of Hornchurch)

davrian6140

Re: Davrian Mk4

Post by davrian6140 »

Just one mad man! well done Dave it's going to be a nice car. So
many dav's coming to light perhaps we have got a revolution
starting.
All the best
Dave6140
Dave Cooper
davrian6140

Mk6a DAV 373H
bexxxhill

Post by bexxxhill »

So Mr B finally sold it! Whatever happened to the 1220 he has in his hallway? Last time I saw him was at the Imp Nationals a few years back driving a Skyline, as was I. I tried to get him to part with the Davrian then - you have beaten me to it :D
Soyuz

Post by Soyuz »

I remember that car, Does it still have the supersonic pop-up headlamps working :lol:
Dave6091

Post by Dave6091 »

A months worth of late nights now has the Mk4 with a running engine and almost ready for a spin round the block. Have replaced (with lots of help from son Steve) almost all of the braking system, battery, clutch and anything made of rubber!. Engine was in fair nick so just replaced rings and bearings and machined the caps to fit the girdle kit that was in with the spare parts. Rebuilt the webers and fitted the GE1 cam timed at 150" (thanks for the info Mr Cooper!). Engine sounds like a cat dropped into boiling water so hopefully should go well.

Mk6 is waiting for a space at the paintshop.

And the supersonic headlights are back up to warp speed!

D.
davrian6140

Post by davrian6140 »

Hi Dave , car looks really good, I do like the engine and that valve cover wow!
Done 500 miles in the mk 6a and the only thing to let me down was the electronic
ignition half way through the new Hindhead tunnel,luckly we were going fast
anough to coast out and into a layby , later to be pick by the breakdown truck.
keep up the good work, see you at Mallory
Dave C
Dave Cooper
davrian6140

Mk6a DAV 373H
Dave6091

Post by Dave6091 »

Well the engine was running fine until no4 cyl filled with water!. Removed engine and head and found that a piece of the inlet port has come away due to corrosion. Shame really as it was sounding quite good!. I have another big valve head but that has corrosion around the edge of one of the wills ring grooves, i shall take them both to my friends at CTM Eng tomorrow to see if they have any magic dust!.

Bollox!,

D.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Bloody hell guys you have been busy. Well done for all of your hard work. Would love to give some good news about mine, but unfortunately it's not so I'll not bore you with the details. Needless to say that the wedding is now a week away and I didn't get her done. Well with all the hard work you all have done I feel good that the forum is giving the members the help and back up we need to get our steeds back where they belong. Hope to join you all soon with my car. Gary.
davrian6140

Post by davrian6140 »

Gary , Hope the wedding goes well and from the Coopers here in sussex
we wish you all happiness for the future.
Dave6140
Dave Cooper
davrian6140

Mk6a DAV 373H
Dave6091

Post by Dave6091 »

Whoopeee!!, fitted engine no2 and took the car for a drive today. Forgot how much fun they are!. Head from the 1040 is now repaired but i had already built up the 998 with R21 cam last week which will eventually be fitted to the mk6. Engine has been wrapped up in pieces for over 20 years and i also found new valves, wills rings and other parts that i had bought years ago and forgotten about. Engine was bought from Dutch components by Dave Cooper in 1979 for his 7A, when i sold Daves car in the late 80's i kept the lump for a rainy day, today in fact!. It's still in lovely nick and pulls like a train.
There's a small list of things to do but i'm hoping for an MOT fri or sat.

D.

PS, Best wishes for the big day Gary, let us know how it went!.