Davrian Mk4

Post pictures of your car here for others to see!
intrepid
Site Admin

Re: Davrian Mk4

Post by intrepid »

Nice work Dave - are you brave enough to take it to Mallory over the Bank Holiday?

Gary - you must be on honeymoon now so if you respond to this post we will all know how committed a Davrian fan you are and it will also tell us who wears the trousers in your house ;)
Dave6091

Post by Dave6091 »

Taking the car to Mallory...good point Cliff as it has been nowhere since 1999!. Years ago i wouldn't of given it a thought but a very irritating trait of getting older is you worry about everything you now know could go wrong!.
If i can Mot it and get a tax disc on Sat then i'm going to drive it hard all next week and make a decision the following sat.
I wondered about driving up late sunday and camping over night, not sure if i have to book this first, may be easier on the car.

D.
davrian6140

Post by davrian6140 »

Well done Dave, glad the engine goes so well still.So we will see it at
mallory then ?
All the best,
Dave6140
Dave Cooper
davrian6140

Mk6a DAV 373H
graham

Post by graham »

Dave6091 wrote:Taking the car to Mallory...I wondered about driving up late sunday and camping over night, not sure if i have to book this first, may be easier on the car.

D.
A link to the Mallory Park website is on Johns NDR sight. Camping is FOC.
I also phoned to see if we could stay Monday night too, and it's not a problem.

Look forward to seeing you.
Graham
Heathrow Area Centre Organsiser (The Imp Club)
Dave6091

Post by Dave6091 »

"Gentlemen.. i have an MOT!..and a tax disc!!!"

Water pump started dribbling yesterday, but i have a new one that i bought in 1865.
Tyres are like thre'penny bits but passed the mot, i'll order new ones on monday.
Left hand fuel pump has gone to sleep.
Rear left Koni not working correctly but again passed as it wasn't leaking and Kevin said he didn't want that silly bloody car back making all that noise etc!. None of the testers could get in it so i did part of the test myself :lol: :lol: . I have nicked the new protec shox from the Mk6 and fitted them.
Gearbox is very noisy at speed but i have several others, another afternoon gone.
Other than that i'm having great fun with it!.

Thanks for the link Graham, i will see you on the monday one way or another.

D.
intrepid
Site Admin

Post by intrepid »

Brilliant News.

Can't wait to see it.
Dave6091

Post by Dave6091 »

268 miles to Mallory and back and she ran almost perfectly. Rad broke off its lower mounting when we hit a pot hole but repaired with a dozen cable ties borrowed from John Rawlins and one of the clutch fork clips broke about 1 mile from home on the return journey. Made some really weird noises as the flywheel collected it and whizzed it round the bellhousing!. Engine out yet again on Weds to fix it, i've got it down to around 20 mins now!.
Really pleased overall, engine never missed a beat and returned around 40mpg, brakes now well bedded in and working well just a few silly bits to sort out. I ill try and use the car regularly during the week from now until the weather turns.

D.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Well done Dave. Gutted I couldn't be there to join in the festivities. Good to see the mk4 ran well. Did you use the header tank I gave you, if so does it work OK? Will catch up with you soon. Gary.
Dave6091

Post by Dave6091 »

Hi Gary,

Mr Longhurst's special swirlpot is destined for the Mk6, it's safely wrapped up with all the other new parts in the magic shed. Shame you couldn't make it, i thought we may have seen the pair of you on motorcycles.
Anytime your passing pop in and i'll give you a whiz round the block!.

D.
Dave6091

Post by Dave6091 »

Long overdue update: Have been using the car most months since Mallory taking it to several shows last year. I put it on the Jensen club stand at the Enfield pagent where it got a lot of attention, never seen another Davrian there in all the years i've been going!.

As it was 'drive it day' today i went to a small classic car gathering only a few miles away.

Dave.