door bars on my MK8

Post pictures of your car here for others to see!
gtm4honda

Re: door bars on my MK8

Post by gtm4honda »

Its a very poor video but youtube, Davrian Vtec Dean Thomas.
Its the first time i have driven the car over 30 mph,and the first time its ever been over 60mph i would say.
Snapped a drive shaft but it was on its way out before i started the day.
1st new set ready thursday,then the motorsport set from RDRacing will be here in 3 weeks.
Car is far to soft at the rear,used all its travel,so harder springs,200lb to 300lb extra bump stops and lift the rear of the car 35mm.
I have also lifted the motor 10mm,sets the shafts in a better starting position.
It does handle like nothing i have driven in a good way,so much turn in and oval grip.
If it stays in one bit,what a car it could become.
So its 3 1/2" longer and 3" wider it at the moment is working.
Brakes are far to sharp,front and rear !!
We are only running a standard very early B16A1 so 150 bhp,my 220bhp motor is in the workshop that will go in later in the year,need to beef a few bits up !!!
Thats all,Bovington stage rally on the 17th and 18th of this month so back to work.
Dean
Team Dav-Tec :)
gtm4honda

Post by gtm4honda »

1st event now over, 2 days and 90 miles,lost brakes,lose hub nut,and snapped an engine mount,also bad drive shaft both days but 1st in class and 8th o/a car will be great.
Dean
Team Dav-Tec :D
gtm4honda

Post by gtm4honda »

Never ends,
New alloy AVO`s being made this week,new en19t drive shafts being a pain,DRD racing have them in hand.
New engine mount design on the cards,need to srot this bumpsteer and caster,quite a few helful idears coming in about that.
New rear discs,we should then be ready for stage rally no 2.
Dean
Team Dav-Tec.
gtm4honda

Post by gtm4honda »

Cant beleve it had the car on corner weights last sunday,with full tanks and big battery it came in at 805 kilos (WHAT)
Having tank made to fit where the spare wheel would go,so save about 25 - 30 kilos lots of work taking the old tanks out but thats what i have to do,get the 14 kilo battery gone fit a 4.7kilo race one,then take the copper 700 mm by 300mm by 65mm rad out fit a new car type one alloy and plastic half the weight,hope to get it down to 750 kilos with some hard work.
Abingdon this weekend,1 st wet event :o
Dean
Team Dav-Tec