Davrian Dragon rallycar

Post pictures of your car here for others to see!
dyno

Davrian Dragon rallycar

Post by dyno »

Here is a picture of our Mk8 Dragon at this time powered by a full race Lada Samara engine and gearbox.Currently having a X14XE Vauxhall engine and box built for it. Hopeing to be out later in the year with it . Should give about 170bhp.

gtm4honda

Re: Davrian Dragon rallycar

Post by gtm4honda »

Im glad to see the big camber change on the front wheels,just had the new floor made up,hoping to bond it in later in the week,body is now ready for paint,so she will be back home next week end,then the hard work starts.
Will post pictures next week.
Dean
dyno

Post by dyno »

Dean, keep me posted on you floor mods. I would like to see how it turns out. i was going to do it slightly differently to you. Just need to find some FIA seats that have a lot of rake on them . I can see Autosport show calling in the new year.
dyno

Post by dyno »

Have built a new loom for the car and to my amazement everything works!! Lights/wipers on stalks now , much neater. Cable gear change fitted and rose jointed . Flocked dash. It looks a lot nicer inside now.
gtm4honda

Post by gtm4honda »

As of today the new GRP floor has been fitted,from the underside it is dead flat with no more than a 10mm dip right at the back of the floor where the bum of the seats fit,i am very plesed with it,i can even get the seat upright,with helmet on i still have about 25-30mm gap from helmet to roof,once you have the belts done up nice and tight maybe a few more mm`s,Motordrive pro 2 seats.
Tim has even send an email to say he would be able to mod a later MK8 or T9 floor to do the same job,if i hadnt had the steel floor made as a mold i would have had Tim build one,would have saved days of work,and all the parts from him are very good.
I will post a few pictures when i get a second,the engine frame that came with the car has been put in the bin as well,we have made a new one,also moved the rear coil overs they are now as close a poss to a T9 or T90,when i got the car the rear coil overs tipped foward far to much.
Once i have the new bottom arms and engine frame powder coated i will post pictures of that as well.
See you soon Dean.
Yours sounds so far on now,great stuff.
dyno

Post by dyno »

gtm4honda wrote:As of today the new GRP floor has been fitted,from the underside it is dead flat with no more than a 10mm dip right at the back of the floor where the bum of the seats fit,i am very plesed with it,i can even get the seat upright,with helmet on i still have about 25-30mm gap from helmet to roof,once you have the belts done up nice and tight maybe a few more mm`s,Motordrive pro 2 seats.
Tim has even send an email to say he would be able to mod a later MK8 or T9 floor to do the same job,if i hadnt had the steel floor made as a mold i would have had Tim build one,would have saved days of work,and all the parts from him are very good.
I will post a few pictures when i get a second,the engine frame that came with the car has been put in the bin as well,we have made a new one,also moved the rear coil overs they are now as close a poss to a T9 or T90,when i got the car the rear coil overs tipped foward far to much.
Once i have the new bottom arms and engine frame powder coated i will post pictures of that as well.
See you soon Dean.
Yours sounds so far on now,great stuff.
Yes , but its come to a standstill at the moment till funds permit more goodies. Its just the engine to finish building , which is proving a tad more expensive than originally budgeted for, mainly because we have opted for a higher spec rather than change at a later date , and the spec demands better components.Hopefully it will be worth the wait, but we have written off this year competition wise.
Thats really good news to hear that Tim can make a new floor. I remember my Darrian and that had a flat floor and there was a lot more headroom in it, and that was a forest spec F9 which had a massive thick floorpan.
dyno

Post by dyno »

It lives!! started the new engine tonight and sounding sharp. Now to finish off a couple of small jobs, run it in and enter a rally. :) s all round.
dyno

Post by dyno »

Flew through its MOT today so miles on the lock this weekend. Then on the dyno . Hope it goes as well as it sounds!
dyno

Post by dyno »

WELL!!! the last few weeks have been a nightmare. After 56 miles the clutch slave cylinder blew apart and we have been through 3 ! . Finally decided to go to an external slave cylinder and it works lovely. Put it back together now and hope to use it on the 27th on a rallysprint. fingers crossed.

Why is it a love hate relationship with these cars?
dyno

Post by dyno »

Engine run in and ready for the rollers this week. It pulls very well at the moment .