Davrian Dragon rallycar

Post pictures of your car here for others to see!
dyno

Re: Davrian Dragon rallycar

Post by dyno »

Did Talbenny stages on sunday and ss5 the head cracked down an inlet guide. Have never seen anything like it, engine was going well revving to 8500 and gave no warning. Just filled No 4 cylinder! New head now , only 3 weeks till next event. Thankfully the bottom end saved.
aaron aardvark

Post by aaron aardvark »

Where is your next event? Might take a look if it's local...
dyno

Post by dyno »

Pembrey, 28th Dec.
dyno

Post by dyno »

Well its all back together and running better than ever, 155bhp @ flywheel , was aiming for 160 but more than happy on a home brew head!. Fitted new calipers to the rear and ready for the Christmas stages at Pembrey on the 28th Dec.
dyno

Post by dyno »

Well did Pembrey yesterday , car ran well, never missed a beat and seemed to loosen up as the day went on, finished 14o/a and 2nd in class , so well happy with that . Now starts the work to make it legal for 2012!

Good to meet aaron ardvaark as well.

gtm4honda

Post by gtm4honda »

Nice to see you out there,just a quick one i had my MK8 msa logbooked wednesday the only thing to come up the cage,no diagonals !!
We all need a harness bar and diagonal how are you going to do yours.
Dean
Team Dav-Tec
Attachments
003.JPG
003.JPG (48.98 KiB) Viewed 6734 times
dyno

Post by dyno »

Dean, the way i read it is we need a diagonal. I dont see anywhere where it says you have to have a harness bar. I think it may either go through the back window and to a rear stay or i may try and get as much inside the car . Will be looking at it when i do the seats. There is no way we can run a harness bar , that includes a Darrian! Did you sort the brakes?
gtm4honda

Post by gtm4honda »

Forgot to talk about the brakes last night,i have yet to sort a pedal,we think it is the cylinders,i can not get anything on the pedal,even after a presure bleeding kit was used,so fluid is at every caliper.
Will keep you posted regards the MSA.
Dean
Team Dav-Tec
dyno

Post by dyno »

What do you think it is with the calipers. As i said, i had our rears on upside down! but thats how they fit.
Yes please Dean , keep me posted re MSA, i want to go to the the show mid Jan to buy seats /belts , but not if there are going to be issues.
Vince
gtm4honda

Post by gtm4honda »

I have a way of doing the seat bar,not to hard at all,will post a picture of the parts we have made up from parts that were in the car,did it today,just bolt/weld it in if we have to,as for the brakes its a part pedal box problem i dont seam to have any adjustment,box is out having a rebuild,new cylinders and we will be away.
Dean.
Team Dav-Tec