Early Davrian

Post pictures of your car here for others to see!
Dave6091

Early Davrian

Post by Dave6091 »

Ok, it's official, i'm nuts! but i've always fancied an early car so when Danny from Holland posted that hers was for sale i waited for several weeks (months) hoping someone would buy it!. No one did, so after a little negotiation i now have three!! :lol: .
I think it's a very early car as a roof has been bonded on but you can see where the old detachable roof used to fit. Also the bodywork around the rear lights has been fitted over the original curved wings . The engine lid is much wider same as the first cars. Chassis no is no help! (LT 094). Car was originally painted a maroon/purpley colour and sprayed red twice (roof only red once). Could it be a mk2 or 1 even!?.
Any thoughts anyone has on it's history or where it may fit in the production list would be most welcome!.

Dave.

Blade

Re: Early Davrian

Post by Blade »

The only thoughts I have is that you're nuts, or maybe greedy, or just lucky. How did you get permission to get this one? Anyway, nice work Dave on the new addition. When do you reckon it'll be on the road?
intrepid
Site Admin

Post by intrepid »

Dave,

Nice one 8-)

Can't wait to see all 3 together at the Pitstop cafe!
Dave6091

Post by Dave6091 »

'How did you get permission to get this one? ''

New french doors in the back room, decorating of dining and living room, new carpets down stairs and bathroom....i think i'm ahead on points at the moment!!.
Car has most suspension and brakes fitted, engine and gearbox also in but not run for 25 years. I shall move it into the proper garage in a week or so and will report back.

Dave.
limjamrace

Post by limjamrace »

Really interesting car..If i were to get a Davrian then this is the sort of model i would like.
Been a lot of time passed since you posted this..Any progress!
Are you Dave Barnet in Hornchurch?
Dave6091

Post by Dave6091 »

Mr Llewellyn i presume!, long time no speak, how are you sir!. Very little progress on the car so far i'm embarrassed to say, i don't know where the time goes. Problem of the week is that i am shortly to lose the three lockups as the council are going to build flats on the site. Of the six cars i have ( :roll: I know!) this early car will be first to go if space can't be found.

Dave.