Davrian Mk3 1968

Post pictures of your car here for others to see!
plasticfantastic

Re: Davrian Mk3 1968

Post by plasticfantastic »

Hi all,

I had anothercouple of hours today to get a bit more done on the rear of the tub. The design is all pretty much done now, i just need to grind out all the joins on the wheel side and bond all the joins together. I have also cut out the damaged part from where the rear cross member bolts on, i still need to clean up the inside some more then i can get it repaired. I gave the new piece of tub a quick spreay with some primer to try and make the shape a little clearer in the pictures, it does make it look a little uneven but i still have to flat and feather it all in properly yet.Hopefully the pics explain better than words.....

Comments appreciated

Cheers
plasticfantastic

Hi all,

I only had about an hour today but that was enough for me to make the last of the mods to the rear corner of the tub. The mod i have made is for the mounting face for the bracket that will hold the rear coilover. I heldup the bracket for the front coilover to give you a rough idea, the bracket will pretty much be the same.

Cheers
plasticfantastic

Hi all,

Many more hours of air sawing and die grinding and i now have the drivers side almost finished, all the foam from the sill is now removed along with most of the plywood. Pretty much all the extra bonding is now gone and ive been over most of the rear of the tub with the die grinder thinning down the fiberglass ready to re-lay the whole lot. While working in the backend i found a panel i hadnt modified, so i decided to cut the rear off the seat pan. This gives me much better access inside the rear, and once im done bonding i will remake it using a mold i made from a long cardboard tube, so it will be round instead of square edged.

Cheers
plasticfantastic

Hi all,

I decided to have another go at designing the seats for the Davrian today. Im hoping to get one covered in tan leather to see how it looks once im done making the seat pan.

I have also had another quick look at the rear brakes. Im now going to use a set of VW Polo rear calipers off an 02 to 05 model. They are alloy and they weigh just under 2.6kg's each, compared to the steel nissan ones i was going to use which weighed in at over 3.6kg's each.

Comments always appreciated

Cheers
dickdixon1

Post by dickdixon1 »

Blimey - amazing work!

Is this car intended to road use or track? If road, what experience have you had with DVLA and registering? Will you get an age related number and does the modifications you've done impact the points allocation?

cheers

Dick
edgedj

Post by edgedj »

Absolutely stunning work! My Mk3/6 is pretty well identical in many places. Did you replace the tanks in the end? Mine were porous. How are you planning on hanging the engine? I dislike the connection of the engine hanger to the ARB, what are your thoughts? Almost all cars are already down this road and difficult to change path, but you have a clean slate here...