Davrian Mk6 - rebuild

Post pictures of your car here for others to see!
dickdixon1

Davrian Mk6 - rebuild

Post by dickdixon1 »

Finally reunited in the same county - first time in 8 years.

Transport worked in the back of a Citroen van

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dickdixon ... otostream/

Now 'parked' up in the garage having being hoisted onto a pallet on castors. First job was a wash and Hoover to remove the dust and grime.

Need to sort the parts and plan the build.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dickdixon ... otostream/

Mark (Nugget) - welcome round whenever and will try and sort diary for next Imp meet.

Progress - yay!
Nugget

Re: Davrian Mk6 - rebuild

Post by Nugget »

Good work Dick, have you a plan for the car yet?

I stripped the back off of mine yesterday so another big session with the wire wheel before repainting, re-bushing, new bearings, couplings and brakes then all back together, I'm still waiting for a couple of suppliers to get back to me regarding comp linings apart from that I have everything to get it back on the road, admittedly looking exactly the same as before I started stripping it until you look underneath and see that everything is either refurbished or replaced.

Would be good to get along to an Imp Club meet, I may wait till it's on the road though, after all an evening at the pub talking cars is an evening missed working on the Dav and every evening counts at the mo
davrian6140

Post by davrian6140 »

Mark. If you won't comp brake linings try a company called Fiction services
in Bristol. very helpful , they do all my vintage brakes
and clutches . You must come to the Imp national if only for a chin wag, plus
its would be nice to meet you and all DAVRIAN owners in person.
Dave
Dave Cooper
davrian6140

Mk6a DAV 373H
Nugget

Post by Nugget »

HI Dave,
Thanks for the top tip regarding the linings, I gave Friction Services a call and they have a spec that is ideal for road and occasional track, 2 day turn round time and they are only 40 minutes away, perfect.

Regarding Imp National I would really love to come along however I'm off to Classic Silverstone this weekend so can't take the piss, I may just change my mind have an early start and visit for the day, if I do what day is best to come along? I'm guessing the Saturday.
dickdixon1

Post by dickdixon1 »

Mark,
Just cleaned it so far and looked it over for damage and what parts I have. Roll cage has to come out as it is shoddy workmanship and I don't trust it. Starting to measure up for engines and think about which way to go. Might have a wander around the Scrapper to get other ideas.

I pass about a mile away from friction most days coming back from work. If you get stuck for a pick up let me know and I'll get if it makes it easier.

Cheers
davrian6140

Post by davrian6140 »

Nugget, I will be up there sat and sunday would like to meet you.
Dave
Dave Cooper
davrian6140

Mk6a DAV 373H
Nugget

Post by Nugget »

Hi Dave, unfortunately I won't be going to Imp National, spending all last weekend at Silverstone means that for this weekend a few days in the Camper at Weymouth wins.

Would be good to see some photos of the Davrians that do go if you get a chance to take some.

Dick, I'll stop hijacking your post now.

Cheers
dickdixon1

Post by dickdixon1 »

Anyone had any experience of soda blasting? Is it straightforward?
dickdixon1

Post by dickdixon1 »

Seeing as Mark is now out and about in his Davrian I thought it is about time I did something.

So I had a look at the roll cage that has always bothered me - the front cage although had bolt heads showing below a lump of resin, they weren't connected to anything and all the sleeves of the cage were loose fitted (little tap to remove the rust bond and away they came).
Resin!!!
Resin!!!
IMAG0059.jpg (126.33 KiB) Viewed 8093 times
cage
cage
IMAG0060.jpg (290.21 KiB) Viewed 8093 times
So having started on the cage decided to remove the engine frame to be able to get to the butchered original roolover hoop.
Engine frame coming out
Engine frame coming out
IMAG0076.jpg (117.3 KiB) Viewed 8093 times
Next job to order a replacement rear hoop and look at fitting. The cranked one is coming out as having seen the fitting on the front element I do not trust it.

Progress and a week off coming up !
Nugget

Post by Nugget »

Nice one Dick, good to see you've made a start, out of interest have you seen the thread on the Imp Club detailing the fitting of a BMW K100 engine into a Clan? Looks to be a very tidy and logical installation which should provide circa 100bhp of reliable performance:

http://theimpclub.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f ... &start=160