Orange Mk6

Post pictures of your car here for others to see!
aaron aardvark

Re: Orange Mk6

Post by aaron aardvark »

Believe me, you don't want to see any pictures of the interior!
It's very much work in progress.. and knowing what I'm like will never be anything more than very basic!
Blade

Post by Blade »

Bet I've got you beat there. Those of you who have ever seen one of Pat Longhurst's race cars will know that he wasn't one for too much fuss. Bear minimum was the name of the game and I am going even less. All guages have gone in favour of just one. When I got the car there was a driver's seat, but no passenger. Unfortunately I am unable to fit in the car with the seat in so I'll be sitting on the floor. just as I did when I raced it. I was thinking about carpet but if an F40 could do without etc etc etc... Anyway, I just want to get the old girl back on the road and track as soon as possible and upholstery and frills will take too long and too much money.
Hal Mercier

Post by Hal Mercier »

That's amazing!

Your car was being built by the guy in the article at about the same time as my Mk4 and mine had an even worse air dam!
In fact he did a pretty good job on it, but they do look very dated now.

My own 1970 car has a detachable splitter for racing, a cut down and narrowed Darrian part from Tim Duffee.
Hal Mercier

Post by Hal Mercier »

Blade wrote:Bet I've got you beat there. Those of you who have ever seen one of Pat Longhurst's race cars will know that he wasn't one for too much fuss. Bear minimum was the name of the game and I am going even less. All guages have gone in favour of just one. When I got the car there was a driver's seat, but no passenger. Unfortunately I am unable to fit in the car with the seat in so I'll be sitting on the floor. just as I did when I raced it. I was thinking about carpet but if an F40 could do without etc etc etc... Anyway, I just want to get the old girl back on the road and track as soon as possible and upholstery and frills will take too long and too much money.
You sound like you need one of my double-bubble roof panels!

I had problems sitting in the car with a helmet on too....cut the bottom out of the seat shell etc etc....the new roof panel gives at least 2" more headroom and looks good too.
aaron aardvark

Post by aaron aardvark »

Wahey!!! Got an MOT today !! and the car made it to the MOT station and back (26 miles) without breaking down!
aaron aardvark

Post by aaron aardvark »

Here we are at Epynt hillclimb!
Note also the Darrian in the background
there were two Darrians entered, one bike powered and one Vauxhall powered plus a bike engined spaceframe imp.
This was my first outing in the car and all went well.... I didn't come last!
Definately a lot more to come from the car... I just need to be a bit braver...
Attachments
epynt 003.JPG
epynt 003.JPG (1.3 MiB) Viewed 4798 times