Orange Mk6

Post pictures of your car here for others to see!
aaron aardvark

Orange Mk6

Post by aaron aardvark »

Here is my Mk6 Davrian,WML 472T. Bought in 2007, I thought it would be a quick winter rebuild.....
Three years of frustration later, I have it almost roadworthy...
I've never had a car with such a bad attitude as this one.. it just doesn't seem to want to live!

Can't seem to upload more than one photo. I'm not very computer literate,I'm afraid..
Attachments
more davrian 002.jpg
more davrian 002.jpg (929.09 KiB) Viewed 7905 times
Blade

Re: Orange Mk6

Post by Blade »

What a nice example. Doesn't look like you need to do much to it. Check out the photos of my mk5 on the forum. This may give you some insentive as it has taken about 20 years to get to this stage! Yours looks much more together so keep at it.
matnrach

Post by matnrach »

I thought I recognised the number plate.
I found an article from an old kit car magazie about the car.
Just in case you weren't aware here it is:

Looks a bit different now!
aaron aardvark

Post by aaron aardvark »

Bloody Hell! I'm astonished! Any idea what mag the article appeared in and what date, so that I can get a copy?
Much of the stuff mentioned in the article came with the car when I bought it, though in a collection of boxes.
The tuned 875 engine was fitted but it rattled, so I fitted a 998 which although better also needs work.
I didn't like the front, so I bought another from Tim Duffee. It does look Ok in the article, though..
When I bought the car it was a three times abandoned project in many bits. I have basically rewired,replumbed and resprayed it along with making and fitting a better rollcage. Just a quick winter project or so I thought!
Here is a pic of the car as purchased.... and when I take some of the car in it's current state that aren't "soft focus", I will upload some more..
Attachments
davrian 004.jpg
davrian 004.jpg (852.58 KiB) Viewed 7905 times
matnrach

Post by matnrach »

The magazine is 'Kitcars and Specials' from October 1985

None on Ebay at the moment but I am sure you will find one
aaron aardvark

Post by aaron aardvark »

Here is a not so fuzzy photo taken today..
Attachments
yet more davrian 006.jpg
yet more davrian 006.jpg (1.51 MiB) Viewed 7905 times
aaron aardvark

Post by aaron aardvark »

And another........
Attachments
yet more davrian 007.jpg
yet more davrian 007.jpg (1.36 MiB) Viewed 7905 times
Blade

Post by Blade »

She looks real good. When do you reckon you'll be on the road and what more needs doing?
aaron aardvark

Post by aaron aardvark »

Not much to do now, just fiddly odds and ends.. mainly electrics and so on. Also the engine may need some attention as it seems to have low compression on two cylinders. I reckon it should hit the road in the spring,but if you'd asked the same question two years ago I would have said exactly the same then!
The plan is to do some sprints and hillclimbs in it when it's back on the road. I'll keep you posted as things progress.....
matnrach

Post by matnrach »

Any interior photos?