Previous Davrian Owner

List known surviving cars here
Eggster

Previous Davrian Owner

Post by Eggster »

Hi, Newbie member here.
I used to own a Davrian some 35 years ago and have great memories of it. I remember the evening I sold it, seeing it blast up the road into the sunset and immediately regretting it's departure!!

I attach some photos of the old beast that have never been uploaded on the internet before. Apologies for the quality of them but they have been scanned from old photos found in the bottom of a box, in the bottom of a wardrobe. You will note some very tasty J A Pearce Magna wheels which set it off very nicely. It had a half race 998 Imp engine and ran on Castrol R oil which had a fantastic smell as any older racing nut will remember from Brands Hatch etc. It also used a Jaguar Mark 10 rear silencer which made it sound fantastic, although it use to ground regularly and wear out. Luckily there was a plentiful supply of Mk 10 boxes at the breakers yards in those days. My parents used to say they could hear me coming home from about a mile away late at night!

For the life of me I cannot even remember what Mark No. it was - perhaps one of you can enlighten me now. I would love to know what happened to the car if anyone has the history. The Reg plate was AHJ 237J, it was finished in electric blue and, at the time, I used to live near Loughton in Essex.

I loved that car and there was not much on the road that could handle as well as the Davrian. Would be in the market for another at the right price.
Attachments
Dav10003.jpg
Dav10003.jpg (328.7 KiB) Viewed 7588 times
Dav10002.jpg
Dav10001.jpg
Blade

Re: Previous Davrian Owner

Post by Blade »

Hi there and welcome to the forum. You seem to be joining the increasing number of people who used to own Davrians and want to get another one. If you would like to please join some of us this Sunday. Details are on the forum under MEET. Blade.
Dave6091

Post by Dave6091 »

Don't you mean see you on SATURDAY Gary?. :lol: .

Great looking car Eggster, looks like a MK5.
My friend had a white MK4 in the loughton area around that time and we used the north circular road as a test track...those were the days!!.

D.
intrepid
Site Admin

Post by intrepid »

I think Blade meant this Saturday... the 19th March.

Welcome - the car looks like a MK5

{looks like the previous post just beat me to it!!}
Blade

Post by Blade »

Yeh I did mean Saturday. Sorry, having senior moments. Brain going ga ga with all the hassle I'm having with the mk5. See you Saturday.
Eggster

Post by Eggster »

Thanks for the replies. Sorry cannot make the Saturday meet as fairly short notice and I have a few weekend chores lined up for me. Will keep an eye out for future meets though and will boost the numbers.
Still hoping someone may know the whereabouts of my old Davrian though.

Dave 6091 - I think I recall that white one - did your friend used to work for Waltham Forest Council for a while?
Blade

Post by Blade »

I'm not sure of numbers for tomorow but I'm so chuffed with the interest that I hope that it will be a regular thing and hope you can make it in the future. As far as the whereabouts of your old car, you might want to contact John Rawlings at the New Davrian Register. He might be able to put you in touch with someone who has details of Davrians and their whereabouts.
motorsportjohn

Post by motorsportjohn »

I believe that the car still exists:
It is a Mk5 and is now owned (according to the latest NDR lists) by Jeff Smith (since 1983), who was last listed as living in the Stockport area.
Eggster

Post by Eggster »

Well, that's great news motorsportjohn. Will do a bit of research on it now, unless Jeff Smith is on here somewhere.
Thanks for posting that
motorsportjohn

Post by motorsportjohn »

The car was last registered to Jeff Smith who stated that he has owned the car since 1983. Chassis number is unknown.

Please keep the NDR advised of any changes of ownership!