xpo 827v

List known surviving cars here
davrian6140

xpo 827v

Post by davrian6140 »

XPO 827V was a mk7a davrian chassis no di/7a/034 . I built it in 1979 and ran it for some time
and then sold it to Dave Barrnett [ the man] then dave sold it to Paul Patrick has any body got
any idear were the car is? Dave can you remember.
davrian 6140
Dave Cooper
davrian6140

Mk6a DAV 373H
Dave6091

Re: xpo 827v

Post by Dave6091 »

Unfortunately i don't know where the car is now, DVLA records show it was last taxed in the mid eighties when i took it off the road so must be resting!. I regretted selling the car about 15secs after Paul towed it away, i was doing long shift hours at the time and hadn't touched it for months. I still shudder when i remember all the stuff that went with it!.
I also have not forgotten the day i bought the 7A from you Dave. Came down on the train to you in chichester and was taken on a very rapid test drive on roads you knew like the back of yer hand!. Long grass being brushed along the pass window at over a ton and accelerating toward gaps in the traffic that weren't there yet for overtaking!. Very quick car with a light weight shell on the road. I took it to santa pod and got fourth fastest of the day beaten only by two Ferrari's and a cougar ( jag engined fiberglass sausage, not the ford one!). Happy days indeed!.

D.
davrian6140

Post by davrian6140 »

thanks dave, forgot about that demo drive,hope this mk6 is as quick well may be not.dave
Dave Cooper
davrian6140

Mk6a DAV 373H
Paul Patrick

Post by Paul Patrick »

Just spotted this here, I'm still the owner of xpo 827x though the reg is long unused as the car is only ever used on the hills here in Ireland. We moved over here in 1996 and borought it and the Clan over with us.It runs in class 3a (sports and gt cars up to 1650cc) so as you can imagine it is somewhat outgunned with the current top heavy class structure, Mini shaped 1500cc Hyabusa engined screamers and 200+bhp Vauxhall engined Caterfield 7s making most of the running. Current spec. being :- 1040cc dry sumped, billet crank,arrow rods, slipper pistons, GE3 in solid carrier, 1.4& 1.125 head, 40s, DTA,Jack Knight 4sp., TranX lsd Davrian arms all round(I rose jointed them)Willwood 4 pots(f) Girling F3(r)Avo Double adj., 25mm anti-roll bar front. Lots of work over the years, some reasonable results considering the class structure
see:-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsgNFW17yUA
second car that you see!
or:-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fz_n32V9GgA
2.18 to 2.22
Paul Patrick

Post by Paul Patrick »

By the way this is worth a look as this is the calibre of some of the driving over here:-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d01VBR5n ... re=related
davrian6140

Post by davrian6140 »

Hi Paul, It's nice to know XPO still is alive and well. I have some pic off it
when I built it in 79. Send me your email address and i will send them to
you. What part of Ireland do you live? the wife and I hope to bring the
Mk6a over and tour in it next year some time. It would be nice to
meet you and xpo.
Dave6140
Dave Cooper
davrian6140

Mk6a DAV 373H
Paul Patrick

Post by Paul Patrick »

Hello Dave,
would love to see all the photos of the build from 1979 and hear all about your dealings with Adrian when ordering and buying the car. I was never fortunate enough to meet him and I'm sure I would have got a lot out of being around one of Britains unsung heroes, beavering away in the background of our
"White Heat of Technology".
e-mail address is:- samshome@eircom.net and we live in eastern Co.Galway about 30 miles from the city.
Hope you were suitably impressed that DI/7A/034 was being used for what it was intented for it to do and not "resting" as Mr Barnett speculated. (I must obviously have left him with the impression that I was a messer, as they say over here.) Most of the stuff that Dave shuddered over losing has been used over the years but, by now, lot of it has been replaced or modified over the course of several seasons use.
By the way, I'm not very good with e-mails and think mobile telephonic equipment was sent by the Devil to corrupt our innocent children's minds , so please bear with me as it genuinely takes hours to type all these letters into this box on the floor. I can write about 10 times faster that this stupid system and look forward to the day they invent direct thought to screen transfer!
Paul Patrick

Post by Paul Patrick »

Dave?