Mk 5 on ebay

Post your entries here for items for sale or parts that you are looking for...
intrepid
Site Admin

Mk 5 on ebay

Post by intrepid »

Blade

Re: Mk 5 on ebay

Post by Blade »

Dave don't do it!!! Three is enough.
Dave6091

Post by Dave6091 »

:lol: Noooo!, I'd have to live to a 100 if i take on any more non running projects!. Looks like a great car to get involved with, nice to see a straight body with all original panels.

Dave.
zag

Post by zag »

How sad....

This was my car, bought in London in 1976 from Rupert Russell.
It was my only car for 5 years until I got married. Rupert, a Davrian racer and train engineer by trade had
rebuilt the car (from the previous owner/builder) installing fully working pop-up headlights (lotus elan window motors)
and a dashboard with many lit coloured push buttons for the lights, petrol pumps etc.

I moved to West Sussex and after ten years in (dry) storage sold it to a guy locally who promised to look
after it and fully restore it. It was in very good condition, a few hours would have had it running.... the electric
blue paint was good as was the interior and it was mechanically sound .

I had my doubts when dropping the car off as the guy had a few other half finished cars around his property
but believed he would keep his promise.

God knows why it has ended up in this sorry state.

Sorry KOU I should have kept you.....

Regards
peterginetta

Post by peterginetta »

Hello zag, a chap from Italy won the auction for KOU but thankfully was unable to follow through. Hence a little negotiation and I was able to get the car. As a teenager a pal of mine had a Mk5 and have had the urge ever since. I bought a G15 20 years ago ( which I've still got ), but it never managed to fill the void. As you say, its in a poor state, but I hope I can do better than the previous owner and bring it back to life. By the way, if you did have any period pictures of the car, I'd be very interested to hear from you.

Regards,
Peter