Mk 8 Perspex headlamp covers

Forum for Davrian topics and questions...
John Daniels

Mk 8 Perspex headlamp covers

Post by John Daniels »

To all Davrian Mk8 owners, I have been in touch with Tim Duffee over the clear Perspex headlamp covers which have been unavailable for some time. He is now willing to do another batch if there is sufficient demand, with a price dependent on numbers. He recalls the last batch were circa £60 each side, but cannot give much idea of cost now at this stage.

We can possibly dictate what thickness is required as too thick may be a struggle to fit snugly around the headlamp surrounds if there’s any variation in profile. I would have thought that 3-4mm would be adequate, any more may be too stiff and possibly stand proud of the bodywork.

If anyone is interested please let me know so I can give Tim an idea of quantity.

Cheers
cheeser

Re: Mk 8 Perspex headlamp covers

Post by cheeser »

It might be worth trying to contact 'matnrach' a member on here, I believe he made his own for his Mk8?
John Daniels

Re: Mk 8 Perspex headlamp covers

Post by John Daniels »

I know Stuart Lever (on FB) made some for his Mk8 using the racing blanks as moulds. I believe he is matnrach on here, so I've already spoken to him.

On his suggestion I contacted Tim for a pair of racing blanks, but instead Tim offered to make another batch.

I'll have to look back through earlier posts on the subject here and on FB and contact those who expressed an interest previously.