Castle Combe

Forum for Davrian topics and questions...
Iain

Re: Castle Combe

Post by Iain »

Thanks Dick for coming along for a chat and Its really good to see the photos- we don't get to see that view.
Sorry if I was monosyllabic after the race but I was feeling the heat. My tow car said it was 31' C...it felt it!
Practice went OK, a small oil leak from a loose jubilee on an oil line was easily remedied.
I completed the race with the car and driver in one piece which was the main target .Sadly my gear linkage progressively came apart and I missed more and more changes. That meant I went slower in the race than in practice which is frustrating .
It was good to be at an event with other Davrians , hopefully we can manage that again
Not sure when I'm out next . I would like to properly sort the gear change before I do another race.
I look forward to the rest of the photos
dickdixon1

Post by dickdixon1 »

Iain, no apology necessary, you looked shattered. Just had a chance to finish off the photos. The original link should still work but here it is anyway http://www.flickr.com/photos/dickdixon6 ... 636374024/ even one of Myles...stationary

If you want any of the originals let me know and I'll send you a link to download.

Cheers Dick
mylesC

Post by mylesC »

THanks for getting at least one of me before I broke down. We have found the problem and it was infact what we thought; fuel blockage causes by crud in the bottom of the tank. It is well flushed out and we have had it on the rolling road last week. Now all set for August 24th at Donnington Park, again with the CSCC Future Classics. Iain is going to be there too and I suspect JJ will be out in one of his Davrians. Lets see if we can make it past lap 1 this time....

Cheers,

Myles