Hello Again

Forum for Davrian topics and questions...
Nugget

Re: Hello Again

Post by Nugget »

The other Dave, yep there is a list of stuff to do but nothing too pressing, I'm planning on it being a continual improvement project.

The first job I need to do is sort the roof out, I blanked off the hole the sunroof left and blew it over with some generic white paint to seal the filler but it needs to be a bit better and as the rest of the paint on the car is old, flat and various colors i will never get a match in color let alone patina so until it gets a full repaint (or wrap) I'm thinking a bright roof would look good, my current options are medium dark blue, black, bright red or kermit green, I quite fancied bright yellow until my wife said it would look like a fried egg!!!
Blade

Post by Blade »

Kermit green please. Why be subtle ? And well done for all your hard work and getting her back on the road.
Nugget

Post by Nugget »

Cheers buddy, green is top of my list at the mo, the same green that they used on VW Lupo's. I'm so bloomin chuffed with it and the way it looks I keep going out to the garage to look at it, I know I'm 42 and should have grown up by now but to my eye it looks so flipping good I can't help it and can't quite believe that I own it
davrian6140

Post by davrian6140 »

I do the same thing at 65 well 66 on the 12 th a great little car.
Dave
Dave Cooper
davrian6140

Mk6a DAV 373H
Blade

Post by Blade »

keep going out to your garage n taking a peek. it's normal behavior for us Davrianites!! Look forward to seeing the green roof.
Nugget

Post by Nugget »

davrian6140 wrote:Well Done nugget, that will be 8 on the road. so can all DRIVE
THEM to a DAVRIAN chin wag some time!
Dave
Is there really only 8 on the road???
Nugget

Post by Nugget »

And for those that are interested here is the Davrian in it's current state, like I have said before very much work in progress on the bodywork but it does have a certain amount of crusty charm, and it's getting used.

It is rather low and running quite a lot of negative camber on the front, I still need to do the tracking but can't fit the tracking gauges as there is no clearance on the top of the wheel arch, so I either take the front off to get it tracked, but then can't drive it to where I need to get it done or my other alternative that I thought of last night is to drop a plumb line off the wheel rims front and back, and then chalk mark the points on the ground, roll the car back, measure and adjust, anyone got any better ideas?

Oh and the headlamp rings have been fitted since this photo was taken.
Davrian in close.jpg
Davrian in close.jpg (150.03 KiB) Viewed 5891 times
Blade

Post by Blade »

Nice one Nugget. Yeh Dave's right. there's only a handful on the road. The first meet we had there were none! the next time 2 turned up. It's owners like your good self that give the rest of us a good kick up the backside to go back to our garages/workshops and get on with our own cars.
Nugget

Post by Nugget »

Trackday (afternoon) all done, I survived and the Davrian survived, what an amazing car on the track, it really comes into its own on a smooth fast track, it was dry most of the afternoon and I couldn't drive it fast enough to get to its limits, I'm so glad that I own one of these fantastic cars, please see below a photo of a photo taken today:
Attachments
Dav at Combe.jpg
Dav at Combe.jpg (171.38 KiB) Viewed 5876 times
robfromsomerset

Post by robfromsomerset »

Hi Nugget
Looks great. I've some 4 wheel track bars that'll work on a Davrian, the catch is you'll need to get over to westbury-sub-mendip :shock: