Searching for lost MK8

Forum for Davrian topics and questions...
pstreat

Searching for lost MK8

Post by pstreat »

Hello everyone,

I am hoping this forum may help me hunt down a MK8. Owned by my dad Gary Streat from the mid 90s and raced by myself (Paul) and brother Nick at Lydden in the middle of the 90s. It was a white car with red sills, previously raced in Wales (cant remember the owner)

In the late 90s we had the guys at Jedi convert it to a bike engine (yes, I can hear the sharp intakes of breath....), we ran it once but did a head gasket and it wasn't used again. One thing and another we didn't get round to sorting it and loaned it to Bromley College in around 2000 for the students to work on for projects.

Well... out of sight and out of mind and all that (we were racing other things then we lost my brother and all interest in cars etc stopped for a long while). We never followed up. I recently tried to get in contact with Bromley, and they don't have it, or anyone there who worked there back at that time.

It has to be pretty unique. It may be shoved in storage somewhere, but it may have passed through a few hands. I don't have details such as chassis numbers etc and it may well be hard to prove it is ours if we do find it, but I would at least like to try and track it down.

If anyone on here has seen or heard of it I would love to know. Thanks for any help you can give.

Paul
Teddie2003

Re: Searching for lost MK8

Post by Teddie2003 »

PM sent
pstreat

Post by pstreat »

Thanks for that - so it may be chassis number 13 if that helps anyone!
Teddie2003

Post by Teddie2003 »

Or maybe not?

another PM sent
davrian1040

Post by davrian1040 »

Just spotted this thread. I have Davrian Mk8, chassis 13 and it's Imp-powered.

Hope this helps.

Martyn