Pat Longhurst's mk5

List known surviving cars here
Blade

Pat Longhurst's mk5

Post by Blade »

It's been 20 years, but I hope it's all worth it. Should be on the road in 2011...... I hope.
riddy

Re: Pat Longhurst's mk5

Post by riddy »

which mk 5 is this was it his road going one he ran in the 750mc kit car series ?
Blade

Post by Blade »

Was wandering when you was going to appear on this site. Is this Richard or Antony? The car in question is the old mk5 that was white then was painted in grey when Derek raced it. A bit different now though. Would be good to meet up if you're still based in Kent.
riddy

Post by riddy »

its ant is this mr hughes ? yer still in maidstone be great to c u and car
Blade

Post by Blade »

Yep this is Gary. Good to hear from you again. I'm still in Ashford. Email address is gary.hughes@renolit.com. Send me your phone number and we can arrange a meet.
b4mky

Post by b4mky »

I was just browsing the net and I haven't a clue why but I thought of Pat Longhurst [ alias 'Pat the Rat' in the Motor trade ], no he was not a horrible person, or a k'niving bar steward but thouroughly decent man and a GRAFTER. I only knew him as a Motor trader and he was a great guy, maybe a bit odd in some peoples eyes but not in mine, he was an Individual.
He talked occasionally about Davrians, but occasionally he would rocket on about them ! I wondered what they were initially and I'm a Motor Trader !! I first met him at Central Motor Auctions [Mitcham, sy] now closed, but he was a regular face at Manheim Auctions Wimbledon, speak to Gale in the office , she knew him well, always wanting to do a trade at the end of the auction.
He bought hundreds if not thousands of cars for main agents around the country, I still know many people that knew him.
He had a female aquaintance called Julie, I think that was her name, for many years. She dissapeared after and then another Lady appeared and helped him moving cars about, ....... and then I heard of his passing ........ very sad, he didn't really look after himself, but I'm sure enjoyed life to the full. ................. If anyone wants more info, please contact me through davrian.net, best, Ray Ellis